I've been quite bad at updating lately, but I've been tremendously busy! It's exhausting, really. Largely in part due to a practically doubled work load paired with a bunch of travel. Matt was in El Salvador for 10 days so I decided to schedule a bunch of fun things I could look forward to in his absence... which was smart, and made the ache of being apart and disconnected from him for so long less debilitating, but I ended up being super busy even while he was away! It was so fun to get together with friends, catch up on long phone calls, and have both Mari Catherine and Ashleigh sleepover!
Once Matt got back late on St.Patrick's day, we dashed off the next morning to make our way down to Charleston, SC. While there we were able to attend a small Thursday service at St. Michael's Episcopal Church and catch up with Father Al Zadig a bit. It was lovely. The church is GORGEOUS and seeing him was a delightful surprise. I just strolled around the city while Matt took a "psychological exam" which he says was essentially just a bubble test of 1,000 questions. From what he remembered, it seems a lot of them were asking about paranoia, suicidal tendencies, and alcoholism. Surely he passed with flying colors!!
The weather was stunning and gorgeous, which was a nice change and huge shock after weeks of nasty cold and grey skies in DC! It was really wonderful to just relax. I wish I could do that again... :)
Then we headed up to Georgia for the Ruthy Reunion and Sam & Caitlin's Wedding weekend! It was really fun despite my having caught a cold and Matt's having come home sick from El Salvador.
We first got to Atlanta and stayed with Kevin and Mollie which was sooo much fun. I loved playing with the big boy Cash!! And then we drove from there to Athens for the wedding, and then from Athens to Charleston again. I think we drove for almost 2 days?!?! It was exhausting but a great trip. Now I just have a bunch of work and we leave for a short trip to NYC tomorrow for the Mockingbird Conference. WOWZA.
Here's to finding time for rest? :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment