Friday, June 26, 2009

More Adorable Overload: VBS concludes

All smiles!

Greg gets attacked by a fan.

Little Luke and his playmate. They were taking turns tickling and giggling.

Here I am, dressed up as Pharaoh. I refused to let the Israelite slaves go from Egypt, then kicked them out when all the first born Egyptians died for the 10th plague!

I had the blessing of babysitting little Natalie (the one in the lighter denim American frock, in front) a year ago... She is SO cute and told her mom that I was dressed up as a Princess... haha. I guess I wasn't a convincing male patriarch afterall.

This was taken the last day, when each group "crossed through the Red Sea"(aka on top of the blue tarp and under "water fabric") before the "Soldiers" (their crew leaders) and "Pharoah" (that's me!) tried to catch up and ended up drowning. Our stories were pretty intense. A lot of people die in the stories. The Bible's kinda un-kid-friendly... haha...

Meet Ransom (dressed as "A Cloud" slash tribute to Michael Jackson):

The Kids got to put their names on the cardboard cross on the 4th day, after eating the Passover meal and learning that Jesus was the ultimate Lamb, the last and best sacrifice:

I loved that the groups were each color coded! :)

Greg and Ransom give everyone high fives on their way out of Bible Bayou. And check out Sarah and Stephanie, some of the awesome crew leaders :)

I think this was when Greg asked "Who had fun this week?!" or something. hahah Yay for so many hands!!

The Green group was preeeeetttyyyy rowdy :)

Greg gets in costume as "a Pillar of Fire". More for fun than anything else... I love the motion.

Darling girls! I loved all the kids so much. What an amazing time...

I worked primarily with Ransom, a rising 6th grader, and Greg, a rising high school senior in the Drama area - also known as "Bible Bayou". Fitting name to go with the "Crocodile Dock" theme, eh? :) It was really fun! We made the bible come to life with over-the-top acting. It was also kind of funny, because the room we were in was also where I got ready on my wedding day!

Here, Ransom and I are preparing and handing out the matzo and parsley for a our mini seder feast:


Greg teaches the kids about the seder. Being a messianic Jew, he was able to also sing a prayer for us in Hebrew, which was awesome. It was super cute to see the kids react as they heard him sing the traditional passover prayer.

No comments: