Thursday, February 5, 2009

How to Be Happy Though Married

Perhaps I'd still be single if I'd known then what I know now... Or not.

So I stumbled upon this antiquated image while searching for something at work, and found it so uproariously hilarious and absurd that I simply had to do my share in publicizing it. It was on "The Pitch", under "Studies in Crap." How fitting. Here are some highlights and lessons we all clearly needed to read:

Page 77: “Under such circumstances, she is often twenty-two or twenty-three by the time she is ready for children, and surprisingly enough, that is past the ideal childbearing age.”

---> Clearly, having been the first one in my high school class to get married at the age
of 24, I'm past my prime. I am no longer "ideal." Perhaps they suggest under 18.
That'll go over real well...

“Subjection is not slavery.”

---> Oh, thanks for clearing THAT up... Can we get over Ephesians 5:22-24 already?!

“The third key that guarantees a happy marriage is love.”

---> THIRD? Ha. The author must've been single. Seriously?! THIRD?

1 comment:

Gangstaa Ty said...

1968: Orignially copyrighted...makes book somewhat forgiveable.

2002: Revised and republished...seriously? Pull that crap off the shelves!

2/6/2009: Book is not featured on the author's website...wonder why?

Conclusion: Tim LaHaye should stick to writing End Times fiction novels.